Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our World Away from the World

There is something magical about a flowing stream surrounded by trees and sunbeams. It's another world. A far away place.
This place is an invitation to adventure and imagination. A place to explore and dream or just play in the sandy dirt beach.
I still see what a child sees when I come here, and I wish I still had the energy of a child.
When I feel the breeze cross my path and the sunshine warm my face as I walk through the beams poking through the trees, as I hear the rushing swish of water trickle by and see my children, shoeless, playing in it's coolness, I smile and think, "This is magic!"



I am grateful for this enchanted place. It is hard to tell how it makes me feel in words...
...but as it has been said, pictures are worth thousands of words!























































































































































































































I wasn't the only one who saw the magic here. Apparently a group of highschoolers had their photographs taken here. They actually got IN the freezing stream water in their prom dresses.-but I'll bet the pictures will be worth it.:)









































































Aren't they beautiful? I know, I am completely biased.:)



















7 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

Your pictures are amazing! Is this place nearby your home? It is nice to have a place to get away.

I am always so amazed how similar your middle two boys look. I get them confused sometime :)

a joyful nusiance said...

I'm glad you had a nice time!

Ann with an E said...

Hey Michelle, how are you? This place is about 7 min away from my house by car. It's just a city park, but it's one of my FAVORITE places to take the kids because there is SO much for them to explore and the best part...it's all FREE.LOL

I think everyone gets the boys mixed up.:) I think they just answer to both names now.LOL

Great to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!

Carey said...

Great photos. We all need a place like that.

Deb said...

Miss my little neice and nephews so much! Wish you could come visit soon...maybe in CT.

a joyful nusiance said...

I gave you an award. Come over to my blog and check it out.

Ann-Marie said...

Gorgeous photos, Beth! I love the lighting. It feels very surreal...like a dream! Thanks for posting, and oh (!) your kids are amazing. Good genes...I always say!