Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Sitting Duck

Do you ever wonder why you have it so good while others have it so bad? I watch alot of movies that are based on the lives of real people who go through some pretty terrible circumstances that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I look at my life of relative ease and cringe at times, not that I want to have my share of trials-and maybe that day will come. I don't believe people ask to go through the worst times of their lives, but I sometimes ask God why. Why not me?

Sounds awful, yes, but there is a twinge of guilt buried somewhere in me. Just a twinge. Why not me? I haven't had to face even a tenth of what many people go through the first twenty years of their lives, and I am 32. No, of course I don't WANT to have it rough. Who in their right mind does? So many do though, just not me-at least not yet.

The troubles that we face mold us. These are the elements that refine us-trials. I have had few, so often I wonder when I am going to be refined. I am not afraid of facing something horrible, but I don't sit around waiting for it to fall on me either.

Just thinking, that's all. Why them, not me? Why?

No comments: