Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hmmm...

My sister would like to know what I am talking about. Well, I am mostly talking about my husband and children. I have been so selfish for so long, and I am trying to change. With lots of prayer and patience, I know things are going to get better with time. You may be wondering what things. Well, those things are personal I suppose. Let's just say I know I could be a better wife and mother and that is now my wholehearted desire instead of just another item on my list of things that I want to be or do. My family has always meant a great deal to me, but I have not done my best to make them my top priority. I think I have too often been my top priority. I am in the process of giving up myself for them and it hasn't been easy! And believe me, I have a long way to go, but I am going the right way and that is what matters. So, Deb, I hope that answers your question. When I finally get the internet back and do not have to go to the library to blog, I will share more of our lives and pictures too. But for now this is the best I can do. I have been inspired by so many other bloggers to make this a great place to visit, and I am planning on doing that when the net is back in my house. I have also had the desire to start writing again. It's been so long and because of some things going on in my life I had become blank-but it's coming back to me now. So, until then, this is all I can muster from the library computer section.

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Beth, Im really glad to see you posting again. I was so surprised to see your post on my dashboard. Dont forget to check mine out when ya feel like it. Hang in there and remember that we serve an AWESOME God. You are His treasure!!! Love ya, Jessey

Deb said...

Well, Beth, you are God's treasure. I'll second that, Jess. Something God hit me upside the head with is to focus on Him. When we do that I know it's not easy, but it seems the other things get knocked into place. Another thing that God has shown me lately is something out of Colossians 3...bowels of mercies. God is asking us to have this thing, this bowels of mercies towards each other. I thought, man, what does that mean? The depths of your soul filling up with mercies (not just mercy, but it's plural for some reason) for others. Something I hope helps you on your journey. I know it helped me. Love you, Bethy.