Friday, January 1, 2010

The Simple Things in Life


This is a goodwill purchase that I almost didn't get, but after much deliberation decided the possibility of keeping four children busy for hours on end outweighed the nagging sense that I shouldn't spend the five dollars on the box of cheap plastic and marbles.
Let's just say the five dollars has been repaid ten times over already!
My suspicion that boys love this stuff paid off, and they are still, at 10pm, playing with it-in between bowling sessions with Grammy on the wii.
Ain't life grand...sometimes?

Austin spent so much time sending those marbles(probably twenty-something all together including ones we already had)down the tubes and around the cyclones. I was able to get some great shots of his concentration.






I have always loved his little pudgy fingers-even though he is now eight.




Zach took some turns sending the marbles down. The boys would race their marbles, or send a bunch of them down-sometimes so many that they would get congested and stop moving.



The cyclone-like the ones at wal-mart you can drop your coins into.




I see a budding engineer in my eleven year old. I can honestly give him something with the instructions to put it together and walk away, worry free. He always figures it out. I got him a Rubik's ball for Christmas thinking it would keep him busy for the whole trip to Connecticut. He had it figured out in an hour.
I love my kids and I am praying that this year is a new beginning for us. I want to learn how to be selfless and I know it isn't going to be easy.
Lord help me keep it simple!


8 comments:

Juliet said...

What a great toy for the whole family.

Carey said...

Great photos Beth!
Happy New Year!

a joyful nusiance said...

I love your positive spirit in this post. Glad to "hear."

Ann with an E said...

I am trying! It's not easy. :)

Ann with an E said...

Four of my adorable 16 grandchildren. Love-erly.

Ann with an E said...

That was my mom commenting.:) I don't have grandchildren.

The Beard Bunch said...

I love this post, Beth, and your blog looks awesome! You have been in my thoughts and prayers often the past couple weeks :)

Ann with an E said...

Thanks Michelle!! Things are going well. I just get these waves of emotion that hit me when I least expect it. My mom went home and I miss having her here!! Thanks for your prayers-hope you are well in sunny CA!:)