Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Religious Mumbo Jumbo

I am leaving religion.

I am walking away from the law.

I am living in the liberty of God's grace.

The truth really does set you free.

When you try to live the way everyone else thinks a Christian should live, it's religion.

When you try to live the Bible in your life, that's Truth.

Question is, how many "Christians" KNOW what the Bible says, and actually care?

Good question.

I have come to believe that many people just have religion. That is not what I want-never has been, but I have met so many people in my life that have that smile. The one that say "I am a Christian outside, but if you only knew!" That smile.

I don't want to be cynical-everyone is not like that. I have known alot of good people in my life too. But some of those good people were caught up in religion, and maybe they felt they were doing the right thing.

I really do not have to live by anyone's rule but God's. No, I am not a rebel, but I do believe there are alot of traditions and so-called "rules" that are placed on people by religious leaders that have nothing to do with anything that matters-that really matters. And most of the time, when people's hearts are in the right place, they start to see were they need work anyways because of the Holy Spirit. And we are not the Holy Spirit!

You can have your religion. I don't want it. I just want to live the way I should live in this life, to the best of my ability, and to the fullest. God directs my steps, so I think I'll be okay!

1 comment:

mom2mine said...

AMEN sister.

That is all I have to say.