Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feeling Blue

I don't know why, but the past few weeks have been very difficult for me. Our lives are going to change greatly this year as we put all four of our children in a private school. Summer is almost over, and the schedule has to go back to early bedtimes and early mornings. Time just keeps racing by, and I am not ready for it to go that fast, but I have no choice. I can't stop it.

I began looking through all of the pictures I took this summer to make an album on facebook, and realized once again what I have. I look into the faces in those pictures and I am in love all over again with the beautiful family that God has given me. I often have a problem looking at other people and their families and being jealous-jealous of the smiles on their faces, the vacations they took this year, the friends that they have, the things they have been able to do with their kids. It's silly, because I look at the wonderful pictures that I have of my family and see the same smiles and fun things that I see in other peoples pictures. That is the reminder from God that I have what He has given me and I need to be thankful for all that we have and all that we are!!

I think it has just been a difficult summer with my children. I haven't been feeling well, and they have been out of control. I have been lazy, and I have let alot of things go. I am feeling blue because I know that I need to get busy and work on behaviors, and attitudes. I am blue because I feel like we have not been together as a family as much as I would have liked this year. I am seeking joy and peace for this place we call our home, and I pray with all my heart that God grants that to me and guides me as I get down to business once again. I pray that God pulls me out of this pool of depression that I have been treading in.

I want to start writing again, but need the motivation to do so. I am hoping that when the kids go back to school, and my house is quiet, I can take a few months to regroup, clean my house, and breathe a little. On the other side of that, I don't know what's in store for me. I am a bit excited to find out. Meanwhile, life just keeps on moving along and before I know it I will be on that other side. See you there.

2 comments:

Carey said...

You have a way of writing that expresses pretty much how i feel. So i can so relate to you.
My life feels like its about to be turned upside down. Once school starts, all the kids will be away from home all day..first time for me in 14 years...not quite sure how to handle this.
Im praying for you. I pray you find the peace and the joy that only He can provide.
Thanks for the reminder to look at the things we have done, and be thankful for what we have. We may not have done disney, or some other great trip, but we did go to the pool, and learn how to dive off the diving board, and watch veggies grow in our own back yard.

Ann with an E said...

Carey, thanks for that!! You are so sweet! I am so unsure of sending all the kids off to school, but I knew it was coming someday. We did some pretty fun things this summer too. So, enjoy the rest of the summer and then enjoy the quiet. Love ya.

Beth