Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am completely frustrated!

I know that God is in control, that is my peace! Is anyone else out there paying attention to what is going on in our country right now. I know I cannot worry about it, but I do think about my kids and where they will be in twenty years. What is America going to look like for them?? I do realize that things have been heading in the wrong direction for many many years, going back all the way to Roosevelt. BUT, this current administration and congress is bound and determined to change everything at break neck speed. Many people may not even care or pay any attention until it finally hurts them where it matters, in their pocketbooks, or in their freedoms. It may not happen today, and it may not happen tomorrow, but ten years from now when my children are trying to make a life for themselves, are they going to be free to do that easily? Or are they going to have obstacles at every turn along the way?

I am currently reading a book by Mark Levine called Liberty and Tyranny , and I couldn't put it down last night. It is so very explanatory about what our country is and where we come from and where we are going.

I have always been a person who just wants to live my life, and vote when the time comes. But now, it just seems like I have been so complacent about how important all of our elections are local, state and federal. My heart has been sad for our country and for what our forefathers meant for it to be. I believe there are so many uninformed and misinformed people out there that if they just understood and knew what the constitution says and means and what our country is truly all about they would not be drinking the koolaid!

Okay, I am off my soapbox. Sorry, I am just so frustrated.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I think a lot of us are waking up and realizing we have to start beign involved whether we want to or not - I'm like you, but a lot of important things sure are changing!

mom2mine said...

I think you stay on the soapbox. This country is in need of a serious Awakening.